So Deb mentioned posting the new goals for the new year….
I’m not looking at my sidebar at the moment so please forgive me if it differs at all:
1. NANO January novel = rough draft (meaning I’ll write a really quick, useless novel in January to restart my writing muscles
2. Submit FJR to agents = gonna put my list of fave agents together and start bombarding them with my genius (right after I finish that last, polishing push in February–I want them to be pleasantly bombarded, after all)
3. rough draft of La Llorona novel = the real focus work of the year…or at least six months of it, if it takes much longer than that to knock it out I might cry.
4. NANO in the real NANO month of November = rough draft of another possibly useless novel, I don’t care how random or wild it is
5. three short stories for future short story collection = pretty self explanatory
Other things that will probably occupy some of my time:
1. UGWP round story finishing and editing (as we actually have something [however weird] there, this might take some time)
2. rearranging the submissions of FJR–rewriting query letters, etc.
3. submitting current short stories in submittable condition
7. work–which I hope I can quit after this year because I’ll have made some gigantic book/movie rights deal
8. critiques for the group (very important, can’t forget them!)
9. random other things
Jenny writes dark fiction that her mother hates. Her stories and essays have appeared in Across the Margin, Pantheon, Shimmer, Black Denim Lit, Skive, and others. When she’s not writing her own stuff, she’s reading mysteries for Criminal Element. When she’s not writing fiction or reviews, she’s writing/directing/performing/designing plays at Springs Ensemble Theatre.